What to do if you child is sick?
Symptoms where a student should stay home
- Fever > 100.4
- Cough or trouble breathing
- Note from an MD which indicates a child should stay home.
All student absences must be reported to the main office by phone the day of the absence and in written form the day the student returns from the absence. Please call 977-4441 to report an absence.
- Parents will be contacted by the school for any unexcused absence not reported.
- Upon return from an absence, students must bring a written verification from home and turn it in to the main office. This note should include the student’s name, the date(s) of the absence, the reason for the absence, and the parent signature.
- When students know in advance that they will be absent for more than two days parents should contact the main office and request assignments. A note of explanation for the absence must also be sent to the main office. Assignments will be prepared twenty-four hours after the parent calls and may be picked up after 2:55pm in the main office.
- Make-up work: It is the responsibility of the student to make up work that he/she missed during the absence. Teachers should be asked for make-up work the same day the student returns to school (of course, we will remind students).
- Absences will be coded as Excused or Unexcused